Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Humbled

Its a cold rainy day in Branson, and I'm sitting in a cold Starbucks with free internet. Awesome. I actually got to stay at the house until 4 today. On Wednesdays, we have community service/volunteer time in the afternoons. It was nice to get to just stay and hang out. This usually never happens. But starting next week, I will have Mondays off, which I think will be good. I'm looking forward to it. 

I'm facing a lot of opposition from the enemy lately about the race, and its been really hard to work with and deal with. Thankfully, I have a great friend that I know from Maui, who is now in Canada, who is also doing the race, but in October. Stacey and I are going through the same thing right now, and its nice to have someone with me on the ride. There are two things I'm absolutely sure of right now. 1) I KNOW FOR SURE that this is what the Lord wants me to do. 2) HE CAN AND WILL provide for me financially, despite my fears. And I actually know one more thing. 3) God is going to use me in ways I've never imagined, and is going to break me and mold me into who HE wants me to be. 

I was browsing the World Race website  this afternoon... they have a blog roll of the last 100 blogs. I read a blog of a girl, Darci Simpson, who has to go home because of her very sick grandfather. She is waiting in South Africa right now, waiting for her flight home to Texas. I am praying for her during this hard time, as I know exactly what its like to experience death in an intense situation. I felt led by the Lord to email her and encourage her, so I obeyed and wrote her, and actually cried through it. We have a powerful God!!! I went on to read the rest of her blogs, she is currently on the January 09 race, and its so awesome to read about some of the places I will be traveling to (especially Thailand). So, if you think about it, click on her name above and read... it will delight you, and amaze you. And, if you can pray for her too :)

SO all of that got me thinking about the race and the people, and the countries. AND just how much I really want to go. I'm glad I have 7 months (211 days) to wait. This waiting season is going to be great, and full of fruit. I feel hopeful, I feel nervous, I feel excited beyond belief. I think I'm most excited for Australia and Thailand (February and April), but also really excited for Romania and Ukraine (September and October). I will get to say that I will turn 26 in Romania. HOW many people can say that?!?! Maybe some people on my trip? I hope so! 26 sounds old because I'm not there yet... I feel very young on the inside. But, I'm still 24. Yep, 24. But only for a few more months! Okay, I'm getting sidetracked. Back to race stuff. 

I stuffed and stamped my support letters this week! I hate folding paper. And cutting paper. And writing. NO, not really. I love all things administrative... but my hands really hurt after. I'm now waiting for my pictures to arrive in the mail, my really awesome pictures that my great friend Erin Riley almost Clarke took a few weeks ago. SHE IS such an awesome photographer, and one of my dearest friends. When I get those, hopefully by FRIDAY, I will be sending out my letters! One step closer to the race! But the next step is paying my deposit, which I do not have the money for right now. Pray that this changes! I'm so excited to get my official World Race Blog, maybe too excited! But the best thing about it, is that I will be able to officially meet the rest of my squad for January. I mean, I guess I could do it now, but its weird without a blog! 

Prayer Requests!
  1. Financial provision. For the race, for the rest of LeadTime.
  2. That I am able to TRUST in the truth that God has given me about going on the race, and about being provided for always. 
  3. Financial provision for my deposit. AH! AND peace that it will be FINE!
  4. Rest. I'm already so tired, and its only been a few days of summer. 
  5. Boldness to share the gospel and share about the race with others.
  6. Pray for Darci Simpson, and her family.

No comments: