Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sadness sweeps me

Its been such a hard week...

The weather around here has not been good. We had what they call here, an ice storm, where it "rains", and then it freezes, then it sleets then it snows. And today, it melts. So that started happening on Monday afternoon. It was SO bad on Tuesday, school was cancelled, which means that we are on coverage ALL day. Then the power went out at dinner for 20 mins, and then again at 9 until the middle of the night. School was cancelled again yesterday, Wednesday. Thankfully, I had the day off and didnt have to deal with it. 

I'm having a lot of trouble with my new little. This has been a trying week. She's only been here for 7 days, but already, Megan (co big) and I are hitting a wall. Our little is disrespectful and the other girls are still having a hard time with her. She is very needy, and expects a lot out of us, speaking for her etc. BUT that will not FLY! She got her first major consequence today, and sadly, Im glad she got it. She needs to learn time management! AH! I feel like Im complaining. Oh well. Please pray that she learns kind words, and that Megan and I can learn how to "deal" with her!

So the sad part of this, is on Tuesday night, my sister called, which is averagely normal, and asked if I had talked to my dad recently. She then told me that my stepmom, Jeanne's health is getting worse, and that I should call him. I was extremely upset, as I am sensitive to anything dealing with my dad, we're really close. I decided that since I was so upset, I should call my mom instead, shes usually the one to calm me down. She is coming tonight to spend the weekend with me, so thats a great thing. But she offered to change her tickets so I could go to Vegas instead of her coming here. Then she called my dad for me. When he called me back, we talked about Jeanne, and her condition. So basically, the tumor she had in her brain spread to all over her brain, and is causing the condition now. There is nothing else the doctors can do for her, so its really just a matter of time. As much as I want to go home right now, Im thankful that the Lord has provided my mom to come visit, such a blessing. And, its early still that my dad doesnt really think he needs me there yet. But soon, he will. Im blessed to live and work in such a community that leaving is possible. I hate to think if I was still in Maui working for a corporation. But this place is providing me emotional support and love, which is something I really need right now. 

I ask that you pray for me during this time. I need all the prayers I can get. Im not sure if Jeanne knows the Lord, so I ask that you please pray for her salvation. Financially speaking, I need prayer that the Lord provide for me to go home when the time comes. This is probably the biggest prayer that I need right now. 

Please pray!
1. Financial provision to fly home to Las Vegas.
2. Comfort and peace for my dad and Jeanne, and her family.
3. Extra love for my new little.

No comments: