Friday, May 22, 2009

YOU Want an UPDATE!! ME TOO!

Hey everyone!

Greetings from Oklahoma! I drove here today with Amber, co big, while she was just passing through, Im stopping to visit with my dear friend Katie who lives here with her husband, Jason. Im pretty excited to be out of Missouri for a week, and we are possibly going to Austin next week! YAY! Im super happy! I also get to visit my old little, Savannah, and a recent (yesterday) graduate, Natalie tomorrow for lunch! IM so excited to get to see them, its going to be so fun!

SO, I need to give you the latest update!!!! I WAS ACCEPTED TO THE WORLD RACE! Only two days after my interview, I was accepted! AMAZING right?!!? YES! My brain swirls frequently with crazy things... and IM STILL SHOCKED that God has given me this opportunity. Im not leaving until January, so I have 7 months to fundraise and prepare. Im super excited, and super scared and all these other things, I cant get them all straight. I need to raise about $18,500, which sounds scary, but its not really. If everyone on my support list pledges $25 a month for the 6 months leading up to the race, I will be fully supported. Its all in God's hands. I actually stayed up late last night to write my support letter... I was so in the zone, I couldn't compel myself to stop writing it (even though I was dog tired)! THATS how crazy it is ALL the time. 

I have to pay my deposit when I get paid next week, and THEN, I can finally have my World Race blog, and be a part of the team! YAY! Its a really cool website with easy ways to get involved and support me. I will let you know the address and when its up!

We had a graduation yesterday, dear Natalie (see below). Im so happy that she got to leave the place. I didnt take any pictures with her, but I will tomorrow. That leaves us with 11 little sisters, which means a one to one ratio. Its crazy! We've had 15 almost the entire time I've been here, but keep dwindling down with graduations and the likes. Now Im not the only one with an open bed, so Im sort of hoping to not have the next new little whenever that happens, BUT I do sort of want the new little at the same time. But, we dont know when we'll get another one, its usually a surprise.

 

Its going to be a busy summer, we go right into that schedule when we get back. My summer job is Game Night, me and Tracy, another big sister, are in charge of planning games for every Tuesday of the summer! Its going to be so fun. Also, we get to "teach" a class on Fridays. Me and Claire, another big, are teaching a cooking and baking class together. Also so fun! YAY summer.  Im looking forward to it. 

I found out last week that my sister is pregnant, another thing of shock value. Im totally excited for her, but definitely didnt see that one coming. The sad thing is I think the baby is due right before I leave for the race, so I dont know if I'll get to see her and the baby before I leave. Im praying for the race to leave from Los Angeles, that would be awesome. YAY BABIES! Still weird to think that I will be an aunt. Yeah, weird. 

I have about 3 months left at Doulos, and thats another weird thing to think about. My time is almost over. I have grown so much, learned so much, and have faith that is SUPER deep in the Lord. I still need to figure out what Im doing for the 4 months after LeadTime. Im thinking about Vegas, because its easy to work there, I can make good money, and I can live for almost free. The only thing I need is a car. Thats actually as far as I've gotten. If you have any ideas, let me know! Im open to Maui, and Oregon too, but STILL need a car. 

Prayer Requests:
1. That God would provide for me financially for the race. That he would soften hearts of people I know to give, and that my letter would do the same. 
2. That I would be led by the Lord for a place to work/live after LeadTime. 
3. That I would have FAITH that God would provide those two things. 
4. For Rest, and that I would take care of myself better (more sleep, more down time etc)
5. For continued weight loss... Ive lost 11. something pounds... and now Im on vacation!
6. That I would have more motivation to get "in shape" for the race... AH!
7. That I would be provided with a car when its time. 

Thank you for reading my blog! If you want to get involved with the race, let me know. Especially if you want to support me creatively, I have several "tangible" needs for the race: a hikers backpack with internal frame, sleeping bag, sleeping pad,  and headlamp just for starters. 

Its really easy to give online
https://www.adventures.org/give/donate.asp?giveto=worldrace. Under "program", select support racer, then
my name, Chelsie O'Neal. AND done. Super fast, super easy.

Also, if you want to support me in prayer, THAT would be AWESOME!

LOVE!


No comments: